The Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery is excited to welcome Little Mozarts 4 Fun (presenting KiddyKeys) to MOD this January!
KiddyKeys is a fresh and innovative approach to teaching piano and music exploration to the very young child. KiddyKeys is an engaging, energetic, and highly educational preschool program focusing on the piano, and teaching music concepts and music appreciation to young children ages 2½ to 5. Each week your child engages in school readiness and character building skills, as well as getting to improvise on THE PIANO. Singing, dancing, learning about composers- all while having lots of interactive, group fun.
KiddyKeys classes are taught in 9 week sessions, 4 times a year starting in the Fall. Classes are scheduled at MOD for Thursdays @10am, beginning January 12, 2017.
Here’s a sampling of what your child can learn:
– Rhythm and movement exercises that develop fine and gross motor skills.
– Recognition of notes and note values.
– Counting exercises to help recognize numbers and develop math skills.
– Building of memory skills through repeated music terminology.
– Introduction to the music staff and piano keyboard.
– Creative development through improvisation, composition, and keyboard exploration.
– Development of interpersonal skills through group interaction.
– Improved hand-eye coordination through experience with rhythm instruments and the keyboard.
– Reinforcement of listening skills by discerning high and low, as well as loud and soft sounds.
– Recognition of the music alphabet, colors, and shapes with worksheet activities.
– Music story time focusing on composers, music terminology, and character development.
– Weekly life lessons incorporating positive emotional and social skills to build self-worth.